Sunday, 16 August 2026

No snow here on the beach

 Today’s card was sparked by 52christmascardthrowdown’s challenge,

where they’ve asked for Christmas cards with no snow.❄️ 

I immediately thought of a beach scene, as I’ve been making beach cards recently.

This is what came to mind…a favourite Penny Black, Margaret Sherry wooden stamp “Chill Day”.


Luckily I had a scene prepared in my stash, so I stamped the image on it, then stamped it again on white card** so that I could colour it and fussy cut the main elements.
I also used SU Beach Day for the palm trees, seagulls and a few details stamped on the sand.
The sentiment was in my stash from when I occasionally do batch making,
which definitely saves time especially for Christmas cards.

Challenges :
52cct Christmas without snow
Snippets Playground #539 as I used white “snippets” **, and green and brown offcuts for palm trees

Peace on Earth #118  inspiration board
Jingle Belles rock Masculine merriment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

(Comments are moderated to avoid spam)

Take care and see you soon

Lesley

xxx

17 comments:

  1. Well that’s a very quirky Christmas card - really fun. Made me smile to see the winter woolies hung up between the palm trees!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he got too hot, so jumped in the sea fully clothed, hung them up and decided to just keep his hat on to keep the sun off his head 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! Made me smile too - such clever use of the stamp combining it with the palm trees and then fussy cutting the clothes. Definitely a clever twist. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! I can see why this is one of your fav PB Christmas images, Lesley. Love that the laundry is drying with a warm summers breeze! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, creative and delightful 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and funny Christmas card ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card.. make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, I absolutely LOVE it!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Peace On Earth Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This scene is so cute. It's just too hot for a Santa suit on the beach. A fun card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular card! Love the hedgie running away with Santa’s hat! Funny scene! So happy you played along with the Christmas challenge with the Krafty Chicks this week.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lesley - what fun! That PB stamp is one of my most loved here, and not used enough. Too much stash and not enough time. LOVE the tropical background!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lesley, love your card. It's such fun and here on Scotland's west coast where palm trees grow well, it's only too possible we could see Santa's suit hanging on the line. 😀 Thank you for your comment n my post yesterday - it's much appreciated. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! Your festive design is a wonderful take on the Christmas without snow theme. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at the 52 CCT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh that might be the cutest image EVER and you've built it into the perfect beach scene! So happy you could join in our Masculine Merriment fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your beachy holiday fun ... so very glad you joined us for some Masculine Merriment at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful design. Thankyou for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT x

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x
    PS - apologies for the late comment, I've had problems getting comments to publish recently!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.