Monday 22 March 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells

Today I'm sharing a card made with a set I wouldn't normally go for.
However I saw so many lovely designs, I decided to try something new.
Friends are like Seashells 154368, and Seaside Seashell Dies 156059.


First I stamped some seaweed and dots using Versamark. 
I then used a stencil to ink some "sand and sea" using Daffodil Delight and Balmy Blue.
I used sticky notes to keep the stencil in place, which turned into a happy accident,
as I quite liked the masked off edge.


The versamark images didn't show well, so I stamped a few images in the same ink colours.
I then added Shimmery Glossy Accents dots randomly, and also coated the starfish with it.
That ended up a bit messy instead of the smooth look I was aiming for!
I added wink of stella on the small shells, 
then placed a small sentiment aligned with the masked off edge on the right.


Being a New set, (NBUS) and using Ink, I'll enter the following challenges:







7 comments:

  1. Not a set I would go for either but I really like what you've done here - something a bit different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on challenging yourself with a more unusual stamp set and making this lovely card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful design and beautiful inking. Thanks for joining us at Less Is more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful set for sure and your card is just stunning Leslie! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really refreshing, Lesley! I don't think I've seen a beach theme for six months and it's like a breath of fresh air! I love the design, dimension, your coloring, and the fab edge you ended up with! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen lots of lovely cards made with this set Lesley so I think you'll surprise yourself and get loads of use out of it! I love your design - the inked background is stunning! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to find a use for never been used kit, and you've made a stunning card. I love your ink blending and embellishment choices. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.