Sunday 28 January 2024

Purrrfect book reading day

 Hello, hope your day is going well.

You know how you have a card design in your head…..

and then find it’s really difficult to manifest it?!

Bet you do!


I wanted to use this stamp, but also make a background for an avid book lover.
I masked the cats image, and stamped the books from Les Shoppes, SU, over and over,
trying to line up the shelves with the tiny stamp. They’re not purrrfect.


I then stencilled the “floor”, and put the topper against a white card blank……ugh,
didn’t work for me……I know, I’ll stencil it to match the floor! Again, not purrrfect.
Then wanted to add a bit more interest/dimension, so fussy cut some books from the Les Shoppes paper.
Can you see how tiny they are?!!!


I made the sentiment by masking off and using bits of stamps.
Note to self: stop making it so difficult for yourself!
Can anyone see that the cat’s book is meant to be a Terry Pratchett? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„


Hope you like it anyway ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜‚

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments.


3 comments:

  1. Totally brilliant card for a book lover. Flipping heck this se little books are TINY - you’ve a lot more patience than me!!!

    And, YES I can relate- half the time I end up with something different to planned!!!

    Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I can identify with your problem - happens often here ๐Ÿ˜‰ but you've done a grand job with this one. Lots of patience and perseverance required. I'm sure the recipient will be so thrilled and will recognise the book .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.