Friday 30 November 2012

Countryside

Hiya
hope this finds you well....
I'm slowly recovering from a nasty cold virus....sniff sniff....
and thought I'd share this card with you.....
Stampin' Up! stamp set Countryside.....again!
I started off trying to use West Ham's colours....Dave's team....
(well, someone has to support them, don't they! teehee)
and was amazed to find this Orchard Harvest DSP had a Tempting Turquoise and Bravo Burgundy
 included in it's miriad of lush colours that suited pretty well....
I then distressed some of the edges, decoupaged the fork and little bird,
and cut out a few leaves from the paper too...
This photo angle perhaps shows it off a bit better....
methinks I need to do a photography course maybe....if I had the time!
Anyway, I think this stamp set is brill for men's cards....
what do you think?

The sentiment uses that neat trick of punching out the same label,
cutting it in half, and making a mat background, to help the words pop.
I had to ink up the edges as well of course!,
because that always seems to help highlight the focal points.
Dave has an allotment, and with the autumn papers, I thought this made it very personalized,
which is what I love about making my own cards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.