Saturday 29 July 2023

July Rudolph Day and more

 I nearly missed this months Rudolph Day, but luckily I have until the end of July,

so here is my offering that I’ll also enter into the  Snippets Playground Christmas challenge,

and the 52 Christmas card throwdown.

First up is the card made by cutting apertures with my old SU Peek a hoot die,

then stamping and colouring a gifted Penny Black stamp, 

which I then cut apart to place behind the windows.


My sentiment and all the stamped images were fussy cut from snippets of white


I chopped The Greetery words to fit the story




The second one uses the “waste” which are also tags, so I mounted them on red card,

adding some twine, and fussy cutting the images and words.



Penny Black friends also have a challenge, the great outdoors.


It’s a bit like a cartoon strip, where the dog makes the snowman a bit grumpy 😄



I hope you’ll check out all the inspiration from the blogs :

Pixies Snippets Playground - Christmas 

Scraps of life by Scrappymo Rudolph  - Christmas 

52cct challenge - fussy cutting 

Penny Black Saturday - outdoors


There’ll be a new challenge at Allsorts today….



Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and comments.

Lesley 
xxx

13 comments:

  1. These are fabulous and you've made great use of that super stamp (well chosen). I particularly love the expression on the face of the snowman 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous twofer there Lesley. Great Christmas cards and a perfect way to use your sweet stamp.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. I’ll stand you a coffee and croissant up in the treehouse breakfast club xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley... I absolutely love your window layout! What a fun card. The story you lay out is so cute... love how you masked and repurposed the Penny Black stamp. So smart. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your blog will only let me comment on anonymous I have not had that problem before.
    What brilliant cards and such very lovely designs also.
    Love that stamp and how you have put them in the windows and then used tha waste to make another card.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used that stamp. That die is fantastic!
    Great design and great card.
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a creative way to use the PB stamp and it looks great. Well done for using the waste too - another great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Lesley! I LOVe that stamp and the little story it tells - and the die you used is a beauty. Often the older ones really are hard to beat. Also, it looks so fresh and clean - fabulous!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunning cards Lesley, I do love the stamps you've used. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards! Particularly like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are brilliant Lesley - and no waste, so extra Brownie points for you!! What a fresh new look for that older stamp too. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards - love how you used the stamp!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley G all of your cards are just gorgeous and I admire your ability to "use" it all so cleverly! Funny picture story card for sure! Thanks for sharing with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet images and beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.