Saturday 11 May 2024

Masking welly boots

 Hi there, I’m getting my roller skates on to get into the

Snippets Playground before the gates clang shut!

Here’s my homework……

I set myself the challenge of the masking technique, and got out some old sets….

so old they had matching punches too! Not that I used them much with this card


I stamped the boots, then stamped them again on a sticky note,
Carefully cut it out, so I could use the positive and negative.
Covered the boots to stamp the brolly, 
then replaced the mask with the negative aperture to stamp the flowers.
I had to separate the boots so I could stamp flowers on one boot at a time.


I then used some scrap paper to make a sun (punched a circle),
then covered that to ink the sky, using another scrap to ink the ground.
I then used another scrap so I could ink through the umbrella (similar to the boots).


Phew, I hope Sarn has got some bacon sarnies left when I turn up at the treehouse!
I’ll have to apologise to miss Di for throwing some snippets in the bin that were, shall we say, 
a bit soiled, and therefore I couldn’t take a pic!

Do visit the Snippets Playground and join in the fun,
I think there’ll be a new challenge tomorrow too.

Have a super day

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments. 


5 comments:

  1. Wow, quite a bit of work went into this apparently simple card. Very clever masking going on here, quite a feat to cut such a small mask neatly enough to be able to use positive and negative. Hope you managed to get a bacon sarnie 😊. Love the finished card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pretty card formed with some brilliant masking and stamping.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Yep - got a bacon sarnie all ready and waiting for you in the Treehouse Breakfast Club! Ketchup or brown sauce???? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Lesley - and what a smashing technique you used too for the wellies! One to remember here.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lesley, You did a great job masking. The boots are so cute with the flowers on them. I can never figure out which one to use the mask on and have to try it first to get it right! A perfect sentiment with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever planning Lesley and a stunning result! LOVE those floral wellies... mine are decorated with a selection of different muds!! Hope you are enjoying the real sunshine, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.