Wednesday 10 June 2015

Bokeh

Bokeh
bouquet
bokay
bo que?

so how do YOU pronounce it?!

I've had such fun with this technique,
based on trying to replicate a photographic effect
of a blurred background from a light source
creating circles or other shapes.

Just google bokeh to see what I mean!

Here's the messy bit of making  backgrounds:

watercolour, with reinkers and errr water lol



sponged with inks and errr a sponge


Take a mask (I made my own with circle punches)
and white craft ink, sponge or daub circles of various sizes,
overlapping them until you are happy with the effect


Here's some samples:


The bottom right one shows some circles added in other colours,
as I felt it looked a bit wishy washy.

Here's a couple of finished cards,
where I've chopped bits off


I like the strips so much I stuck some back on!





Here I used the waste to punch from






I hope you like these coz I've a few more to show you!

I'll be back.......

Lesley
xxx
xx
x



2 comments:

  1. The folks in these parts pronounce it: Bow-caw. It is a neat technique and I really like both cards you made using it. The layered one is really neat and the butterfly one is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab backgrounds and I really enjoyed learning how to do it thank you.

    I say Bokka - but don't know if that's right!

    Have made a couple of my backgrounds into cards now.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.