Saturday 29 May 2021

A Cut Above

 This card was so much fun to make.......and perfect for someone who loves making stripes on his  lawns, and is a real perfectionist of grass mowing.

It's a case from Paula Dobson of stampinantics.blogspot.com 

who has a really cool tutorial for this stamp set, which a good friend discovered for me.


I stamped and masked the man, clouds and sun, then blended blue and green ink for the background.


Stamped again the man and mower and used dimensional foam pads underneath.
I used Blender Pens to colour in, and had to continue the grass stems by inking only part of the stamp,
and then trying to line it up with the rest, so you can see the dip where I went a bit wonky.
I reckon it was a rabbit hole or something ;)


I then took the card a step further and did a pop-up inside of the man in the hammock.

I used pencils this time to colour in, trying different greens to create interest.
As usual, it's the finishing touches that go awry.......as I trimmed it to fit, I accidently cut some of the grass off..........but by using the offcut to lay flat, it kinda worked.....what do you think?
I was able to stamp the sentiment onto that piece too.

Cheers!
I hope you have a relaxing weekend
Lesley
xxx
xx
x











4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and such fun. Wouldn't worry about the dip in the grass, my lawn has more craters than the moon thanks to the activity of badgers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic and fun card! Grass is never perfect, at least not in our garden! Take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely got away with it. I think this card is AMAZING . . . even AWESOME! Terrific masculine card and I just adore the extra feature inside the card . . . nice surprise for the recipient.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created this fun pop up card and your beautiful colouring details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.