Monday 24 May 2021

Missing comments found.....

 Hiya, This is an apology to anyone who’s comments have not appeared on my blog.

Not being very good with technology, I wrongly assumed all comments were emailed to me for moderation, so avoiding sad scammers and spammers.

However, I had trouble authorising one, found myself on a page to manage comments, and found quite a few awaiting authorisation. So hopefully that is now rectified!

I also turned commenters to all instead of only those with google accounts.

I have no idea if that’s better or worse, so any advice is appreciated. Now I have to figure the new blogger email subscription thing......I’ve no idea if I have it, but I expect I’ll figure it out eventually!

So, thank you for your comments, they are always very much appreciated!

I’ll be back with more cards soon, meantime I think the weather is slowly improving here, which is a relief as my grass is knee high and needs cutting more than my hair!

Have a good week

Lesley

Xxx

Xx

X

4 comments:

  1. Technology is fine when it works isn't it!!! As I understand it Blogger have suspended their email notification service. I work it so that I can moderate any comments before they are published, thus being able to delete any spam or unwanted ones. I click on 'comments' in the 'Design' option and any new ones appear separately with the choice to either publish or bin them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you've sorted your issues and can see this... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Poor you.
    I don't know what's going on . . . except that no-one will get Feedburner email notifications any longer!
    I don't use comment moderation so can't help you there mate. I don't allow my blogged to be SEARCHED for and that seems to cut down on spam although I DO get some arabic comments every now and then! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have comment moderation turned on Lesley and just check them before publishing. You can check the spam folder to see if any good comments have gone in there once in a while. When moderating, it's important to label the spam comments as spam rather than just deleting them because that's how the automated system 'learns'.

    You do have a subscribe by email option which I gratefully use - in fact I totally rely on email notifications so it has completely messed me up! At the end of June, Feedburner (which is the system Blogger uses for email notifications) will no longer exist. I think a lot of us are trying to find the simplest way of getting round this... watch this space!!! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.