Saturday, 10 October 2026

Scenic Sunsets

 Hi there, it’s getting cooler in Kent, so I’ve been playing with this DSP from SU called scenic coast.

It’s a good fit with the Sunset Coast stamps and dies from SU.


I cased this design from Cindy Elam….Heartsdelightscards.
I love the rich colours of the paper, and it has a lovely sheen on some highlighted areas.
I die cut the lighthouse scene from a white scrap, 
leaving enough room to then cut a detailed circle around it, using SU Spotlight on Nature dies. 

I cut a red lighthouse from a scrap of red, then snipped sections to add to the white one.
It was a much easier way to “colour” the lighthouse.

I cut a piece of two tone paper to follow the line of the land, 
inserting die cut scraps from the darker side of the paper.

I die cut shells, and I used a blending brush to add colour, and birds were die cut from the same set.
Finishing touch of fishing net cut from a scrap of complementary card, 
and stamped sentiment from SU Rolling Waves.

Taking this to Seize the Birthday #336 - double frame/anything goes
Cut it Up challenge #366 - more than one die cut



I did a similar version using the sailboat…..


I’m taking this one over to We Love Stamping - shades of autumn or anything goes.




Have a good weekend

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

Take care and see you soon

Lesley

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.