Monday 29 April 2013

Happy Birthday Mum

My dear Mum is one whole day older than my Dad....
I did this card with a couple of my classes,
and loved it so much, I thought Mum might too.
It's based on one by Jennifer Timko.

The colours are so delicate...Stampin' Up! Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, and Garden Green.
I tinted the Flower Trim with a Stampin' Up! Marker Pen in Melon Mambo.
The inks and marker pens can be used to colour so many things,
including ribbon and embellishments.
One of the many advantages of Stampin' Up! products is the colour co-ordination.
It takes away such a lot of the time-consuming process of putting a card together.
The chevrons were created by using marker pens to colour the stamp,
rather than using a single ink pad.
The doily was formed into an oval shape by cutting it in half,
then overlapping the two halves, which is then covered with the inked oval,
and the greeting banner.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I shall miss marina mist

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Lesley. I'm sure your Mum will love it.

    Panicked when I saw Lelly Jelly's comment . . . because I just bought Marina Mist items . . . but . . . phew . . . it's STAYING not going!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.