Sunday 26 April 2020

Free As A Bird, but the bird has flown..

Hello again
I was inspired by Jan Clothier of thinkingstamping.co.nz
to make some cards using a masking and inking technique.
Check out her lovely card HERE.

I masked off a panel and used a sponge brayer to add ink, fading it out at the bottom.
Stamped and coloured in the leaves, and stamped a coloured the flowers
on a separate scrap of card.


I chose some of my friend's favourite colours, 
Balmy Blue and So Saffron, and I also added glitter which is rare for me!


I also added some splats of shimmer paint, by brushing gently against the lid.
Sorry my pics don't show this very well.

I loved this design so much, I decided to make another,
 but you'll have to come back later to see!!

I used the Free As A Bird stamp set, but just used the flowers and leaves.
That's the great thing about sets, you can just use elements of it.

See you soon for take 2 !

Lesley
xxx
xx
x

2 comments:

  1. That is SOOO pretty. I think I've seen what's coming up! LOL . . . and it's just as lovely!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fade out banner Lesley - and I think I first saw clever Jan do it too. The colours are beautiful and the flowers look fantastic. I'm not much of a glitter person either but sometimes it is perfect on a project and this is one of those times! Hope you're having a lovely weekend and are staying in and being safe :)
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.