Sunday 20 August 2023

Peace in the forest x 2

Hello crafty people, I’m back with some more of those papers.
Sometimes it feels like cheating, using a background paper,
but it is gorgeous, and I do try to add to it šŸ˜ƒ

I like the rich brown colours in the paper, so stamped my wee animals,

and sentiment  in Early Espresso ink.

I did add a touch of white posca to the bunny tail


and some glitter on the snow…(please excuse my shadow on the photo šŸ™„)




The next one was a bit of a disaster……

Some more Cardio stamps…so stamped the fence and sentiment in the Espresso,
and the bunnies in crumb cake…..


The bunnies blurred , so had to stamp again and fussy cut, so as to not waste the paper….šŸ˜©
…..the wreath was on the fence , and the only way to make it stand out was….
to stamp again and fussy cut , including gutting the centre šŸ™„…….and…even the tiny ribbon! šŸ˜³
Then…..added some old liquid pearls snow…..maybe my blobs were too big,
or the product was past it’s best?……but it’s a tad sticky šŸ˜±….

I’d used a couple of strips of the paper for another card, so it didn’t fit šŸ¤•…...
so I pretended I designed it centred, leaving visible strips either side. šŸ¤«

Any advice welcome!

Hopefully it made you smile, because I’m sure it’s never happened to you?!

Have a great Sunday…..I may sneak into the craft room, while my better half watches the football.
I so hope our girls win, but I can’t take the stress, so I’ll be able to hear if he groans or cheers!

Entering the following:

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and comments.

Lesley 
xxx


7 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of those lovely papers even if the second card didn't entirely go to plan. Top marks for perseverance - mine would have probably found its way into the bin with regrets for wasting the DSP

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous makes and so effective. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is fab. The second one is OK - you’re maybe being a wee bit harsh on yourself. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning paper and you've added beautifully to enhance it with stamping and shine. The sweetest of ideas can go sideways so quickly (I'm sure it has happened to all of us many times). I admire your hard work in turning it around on your second card. Thank you so much for sharing at the Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really peaceful Winter scene Lesley, many thanks for sharing wit us at Allsorts All Creatures theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do inspire with these papers Lesley! It's all about the positioning of your other elements and your embellishing is always just right! I love both cards and the second turned out amazingly after all that intricate fussy cutting. This kind of thing never, not even EVER, happens to me... oooops, my nose seems to have grown very long!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are wonderful cards and what a fabulous way to showcase the wintry papers. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.