Sunday 7 April 2024

Picture in Picture

 A special card for my Sister today.

My plan was a Picture in Picture effect….



I used some old SU paper as my painted landscape.


Gummiapan’s artist dies come in two sizes, perfect for what I had planned.
I used double layers for depth and strength, some mounted on tiny foam pads.


The easel was cut from wood effect paper, and the grass from scraps of the background paper.
Colour added to the tools with marker pens , winked for sparkle. (Wink of Stella)


Seam binding ribbon along the bottom, added texture and filled the space of the 5” x 7” card base,
as the background paper was only “6 x 6”.


Here’s some of the Snippets used, so I can go and play at the Snippets Playground #477 with this card,
and it’s the first time the Artist sets have come out to play,
 so I’m entering the Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) Challenge #61

Enjoy your day!

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave your comments.




7 comments:

  1. WIW that’s an awesomely artistic card - and just look at how many snippets were used up! Amazing birthday card for your sister.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love what you've done with the artist materials dies combined with that lovely landscape background. Stunning result 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll pardon the pun, Lesley, but this card is truly a work of art! And love! You put a lot into the detailed and layered design and it shows. Your sister will cherish it! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful and I love your perfect design! I am sure your sister will treasure this keepsake! We live on Cape Cod and this is not an uncommon scene, typically right around the corner. LOVE THIS! Oh and we visited your country years ago--loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lesley - this really is stunning. Clever idea and beautifully made. Your sister will be thrilled for sure! Love it.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come up with the most amazing ideas Lesley - this is superb! Wishing you a sunshine-filled weekend! Vicky xxx

    PS I had to think about A Nonny Mouse for a few minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darnell is much better at it 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.