Sunday 24 August 2014

Rudolph Day August

Happy Monday!

It's the 25th of the month again and you know what that means?!
This is where our Sarn hosts a fab challenge to produce 2
christmas cards, and I have to say, I am so pleased
that I have built up a nice head start, so thanks! 


This was one of those that started out totally different to 
what I intended....a bit of an experiment that went wrong IYKWIM!
This is a new set from Stampin Up! shhhhhhh!
It's White Christmas from the new Seasonal Catalogue.

I stamped the trees on Whisper White card first,
 then on Bermuda Bay, and cut along the horizon.
 I lined up the images, then trimmed the blue card to fit over the white.
Then I flipped the bottom blue piece over,
and again trimmed to fit over the white base.
Finished it off with the sentiment and snowman.
Then added some white snow and blobs of glitter.


The second one was much simpler!


This is a photopolymer set, so the trees and horizon can be
 manipulated to make big hills or flatter ones.
Here I stamped it twice, and coz it's see-through, mega easy to do.

I then stamped the banners, car and tree, and coloured them in.
I'm going to have a lot of fun with this set!
There's lots of little images, and you could have a car carrying
a polar bear or reindeer if you want!

If you'd like a copy of the new mini catalogue,
please just ask!
It's one of the best I've seen IMHO!
There's lots of stuff I really really neeeeeed to play with!

Pop back soon and I'll show you some more!

Meantime Happy Rudolph Day,
Lesley
xxx
xx
x

20 comments:

  1. A clever way to use all the blue card in the first one, and I love the little red car. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good tip on the way you did the bottom of the blue card. These are both delightfully fun cards, and I'm loving these winter trees. Liked the different colorways on each of the cards & the cute little snowguy on #1 and the sweet banners on #2. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and not heard that term 'snowguy' before! x

      Delete
  3. Two very clever cards, great tree stamp and a brilliant idea with the banner.
    Very classy cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both pretty Christmas cards...I especilly like the colors in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great cards, and I just love the whimsical 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. I like the way you used the same tree stamp and the same curved line in your design...but a totally different look to both cards. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lesley,
    2 very fab cards.
    Work of art lining up those trees, on the first.
    The second is a great scene, and I do love scene cards, not too good at these myself.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards lesley, I like the way you stamped the trees in the first one, what a good idea. The second card is my favourite though withe the little red card and and lovely seasonal banners.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. . . . and a Happy Rudolph Day to you too Lesley. Absolutely LOVE these 2 cards using your new stamp sets. I know what a genius you are with the layering and lining up.

    Thanks for joining in.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards for Rudolph Day. I love the little red car with the tree on top :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like. Like a lot. That stamp set is SO tempting. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.