Thursday 7 September 2017

A one layer musical leaf

I'm going to get you singing on this one!


I created a mask using Leaflet Framelits.
Laid the leaf mask on my topper, stamped in Versamark and embossed Sheet Music in copper powder.

Added happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, this is where you start singing :)

Laid the background mask, so just the leaf shape aperture showing,
added yellow ink, then a moon mask, more ink, more colours, gradually building up shade and depth,


Stamped parts of Nature Sings, the deer and trees, coloured them in with marker pens
to make them stand out a bit, added some twine over some new copper ribbon.

It's all one layer, but hope it looks a bit 3-D ?
Might need a bit more practice......take a look at Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps
for some much more professional projects.......

Hope the birthday boy liked it....he's very into his music....
are you still singing?....
"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear...."

Lesley
xxx
xx
x


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one Lesley. Any chance we can do this at one of our playdays? Jan xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this looks fantastic, nay AWESOME mate! Great scene and use of masking etc.

    Re Jan's comment: Gah! Heat embossing at a Play Day!? Runs a mile!!!!!! If you do it on a week that I'm there, can I just STAMP the background please? I get in a terrible pickle with heat embossing - it's okay in my own craft room, but don't wanna mess yours up!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely does not look like a OLC, Lesley! It was a lot of work, but the result is worth it! This is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your card, love the little scene in the leave. Love the music background. Thanks for sharing with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.