Sunday 12 September 2021

Allsorts Challenge Week 641 for Kath

 Hello again, thanks for visiting.

Today I'm entering a special challenge in memory of a lady who loved to craft

Allsorts Challenge 641 for Kath


She had already chosen the theme : 
Favourite Stamps with the option of Paper Pieced Flowers

I chose "Happy Birthday To You" and did some paper piecing using 
Expressions In Ink Speciality Paper.
Kath loved flowers, I don't have many stamps of flowers, but I do love cake :) 

I started by stamping the whole image onto white card,
then stamped again on the paper.


I fussy cut the flowers and leaves from green, 
then the flowers again from the pink/peach, that I overlaid.
My cake was wonky, so I fussy cut the whole thing,
only to then stick it on the card blank wonky too!!!


Oh well, I blame the cake stand....I focused on that instead of the cake sides.
I added wink of stella to the cake, rhinestones to the flower centres,
and a small twine bow to finish it off.
This set has a lovely font that I love too.


As I cut lots of snippets, I'm hurrying to the Snippets Playground ,
where head prefect Sarn is up to no good!

Lesley
xxx
xx
x




5 comments:

  1. That's an AWESOME card that I just know Kath would've loved.

    Whaddya mean I'm up to no good at the Snippets Playground. Hic! Oops! Glad you made it up the rope ladder and thanks for bringing the cake!

    Hugs, Sarn (Head Prefect!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the paper pieced flowers on a cake - good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super take on the theme Lesley and I know for sure Kath was partial to a piece of cake so would have loved one decorated with flowers.

    Thanks so much for joining in with a Challenge for Kath at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work Lesley - and I do love how you showed it in 'exploded' form. A gorgeous tribute to Kath - and also food for thought for the Christmas Draw - i wonder how we'd fare if I asked entrants to show their snippets before assembling their entry? Mind you, so far i have just two prizes but a wonderful selection of dies from a Playmate - which could mean I can change the format a bit and not half kill myself in the process!

    I'm hot on SaRn's heels - she's helping me to get back on my feet, if only to go and see what she's up to. Little minx, but lovely with it of course! Some friends really do turn out to be absolute treasures when the chips are down.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.