Thursday 28 July 2022

Gnomes home in the mountains

The Kindest Gnomes have come out to play again.

This one's for the July Rudolph Day Challenge. I should have posted on 25th, 

but we do have until the end of the month, 

and I've only just made the card, hey ho (or should it be ho ho ho).

It's also for the Snippets Playground Challenge #433

 


Using the Storybook Gnomes paper, I die cut the gnomes, and fussy cut the mountains.


I used lots of snippets, including scrap strips to make my own "foam pads",
uses up your scraps, plus if you run out the proper pads, make your own :)
I also use any snippets of paper that can be used to decoupage pieces, like the window.


So I raised up the mountain paper, and then the figures, adding some stickles for snow.
I was left with the snippet of paper that I'd cut the mountains from, so I tucked it behind.
Another snippet was used, as my first sentiment was wonky....
so rather than bin it, I used it as a second layer to raise it up a bit!


My next one was inspired by Carol Longacre HERE.

I liked how she used paper, of which I have lots, as I know many of us crafters do.
I'm playing along at Christmas Craft Creations where the July theme is patterned paper

as well as the Sisterhood of Crafters where the challenge is fairy or gnomes.



So one layer creates the background, then a coordinating strip, then I used a gnome as my focal point.


I added some teeny snowflakes with crystal effects, you may be able to see my splodge.

I love how you can create lots of designs with these gnomes, I will try not to bore you with them :)



Lesley
xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments.



8 comments:

  1. LOVE both these cute and festive gnome cards. Belated RD wishes to you!

    Sorry my friend - but you've already entered a card into the Snippets Playground . . . only 1 entry per challenge allowed! But thank you for thinking of us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I’d forgotten I’d already entered lol, but another plug for the Playground so all good 😊 xxx

      Delete
  2. Loving these gnomes and the gnome house too. I often use snippets of card in place of foam pads, gives a little bit of height without making cards too thick for basic postage rate. Don't think I could ever be bored with gnome variations they are sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What lovely gnome cards and very beautiful designs also.
    Love how you used snippets to make those mountains and gnomes are so cute too.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cute gnome cards Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute gnome cards!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  7. These gnomes are so cute and so is the mushroom house. Thanks for the tip about using scraps for popping up elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.