Saturday 16 July 2022

Kindest Gnomes for the Snippets Playground

 I’m submitting my homework for the Snippets Playground Challenge HERE

It’s a Christmas theme this time, so a chance to play with a new set, Kindest Gnomes,

You can also get coordinating dies and papers.


I used snippets of white card, that I coloured with Stampin’ Blends,

His boots and trousers, with lace embossed detail,


Toadstools and grass,


Nose and beard……..



Can you tell the beard is also cut from…….paper towels!
I folded a paper towel on top of a snippet of white card for strength,
and you can really see the detail….if you wet it (wink of Stella here) it bubbles up more.



I used white pen for toadstool highlights (defo need more practice!)
His hat was from a snippet of blue card.


Added a few enamel dots, used one of the lovely papers in the set as background.



This is the first gnome I have ever built, and the first gnome set ever used,
So I think this qualifies for the NBUS challenge too, for never before used stuff HERE
(MyNBUS.blogspot.com)

Don’t forget to visit pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com too HERE

EDITED to add that I’ve just seen the ALLSORTS challenge is Christmas in July too!

Lesley
xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Your Gnomes are such fun Lesley, I think they always make such a cheery card and raise a smile.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super fun gnome card and what a brilliant idea for making the beard look more realistic, something I must try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and I love the idea of using kitchen towel for the beard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and festive gnome card. Love seeing photo's of the snippets used.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! Please come and test a few of the new cocktails up in the Treehouse - and I'm def gonna rope you in to help make some as you said you were good at Eggnog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A darling and colorful card/ What a brilliant idea for beard texture/ Thank you for playing along with our Christmas theme at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done making this fun and fabulous gnome Santa card, Lesley. I loved seeing how it all came together - and thank you for the tip about the paper towel! You have an incredible eye for design and detail and you excel at using snippets. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gnome and his mushrooms, Lesley! What a fun Christmas card! So nice to see this in the NBUS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab gnome - I might be persuaded to make this one too he looks so good especially with the inspired paper towel beard. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gnome card Lesley - I love how you have built him up, and the use of the paper towels for his beard!! Thanks so much for joining my "Christmas in July" challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Lesley! How clever to use the paper towel to cut the bear - good thinking!

    Hugs

    Dixx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.