Sunday 18 August 2024

Frosted Trees and splats

I’ve been busy in the garden when it’s not too hot 🥵 ,

and in between, I’ve been a busy elf making Christmas cards, as I’m way behind my target.

I am trying not to buy too much new stuff (don’t we all 😂), and being more selective.

I’m really making good use of new sets as a result, and this set was a must have….

Frosted Forest Bundle from Stampin’ Up! gives so many creative possibilities.

If you’re an SU fan, you really MUST look at the ONLINE EXCLUSIVES.

These are new products released periodically that are not in the catalogues. So if you know anyone who relies on the paper catalogue, please do encourage them to look online, because they’re missing out!

Anyway, you really came to see the cards, so here’s a couple….


There’s stamps, dies, and stencils in the Bundle, and these cards  just use one of the dies…
a silhouette of trees and snow/land, which I extended, and added some teeny deer from an old set.
I used a dark blue card base, and splattered it using enamel effects/liquid pearls mixed with a drop of water, and applied with a paint brush flicked against a lid.
I find you get smaller controlled splats if you’re quite close to the card.
 Further away they tend to be big splodges, although there’s never a guarantee, 😳 so embrace them, and gently mop big splats with a corner of tissue.




Next is a DL sized black card base with a lot more trees 🌲 
This was so simple to do….


I used a similar sized white card piece, cut the trees, 
then extended the land by hand cutting in a wonky undulating fashion 😃
Then cut more trees from snippets of card, glueing them behind, altering the heights.
I hope you can see the sheen of the splats, but I also added WOS to the trees for extra sparkle.


Here are just some of the snippets of card used….

I’m taking this to the Snippets Playground, where they have a new challenge #487,

and you just need to hand in your snippets homework…..see you on the swings! 



Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments







3 comments:

  1. Awesome Christmas cards - good way to try and keep cool on the hot days - thinking of snowy landscapes.
    Love the look of these 2 cards and clever of you to extend the borders and add extra trees at differing heights.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like a few splats and, yes, they can be unpredictable but that's part of their charm I think. Just love these two cards and I can see that this set has loads of possibilities. Enjoy the rest of the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely theme to your cards Lesly. I love the clean look - very elegant.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.