Wednesday 18 September 2024

Crafty Roo for Allsorts

 I really wanted to enter the Allsorts challenge this week, but had nothing fishy to hand,

so next best is a prize I won from them and haven’t used yet, a large corner stamp from Crafty Roo,

(my memory is getting worse, so please tell me if that’s not right).


My inspiration was from Jo Rice, using the honeycomb and bee.
I made my own stencil using a Detailed Bee SU die,  inked with daffodil delight,
having stamped the large corner in black.
I coloured it and the bee (from SU Honey Bee stamp) with watercolour pencils, using the blue and yellow from the bottom mountain picture at “Hand stamped sentiments”.

I stamped two bees, using snippets of white, then fussy cut the main body and top wings to add dimension.

Then I faffed around 😂 with the card base and mount. 

I ended up fussy cutting around the large corner, 

and also cut my base card, from a square to more of a rectangle, as it just didn’t look right.


I’m entering the following challenges…..

Allsorts #798 (anything goes) 

NBUS #66 (never before used)

Snippets Playground #489 (use snippets)

We love stamping   (hand coloured)

Hand stamped sentiments #447 (mood board, bottom mountain pic colours)

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely collage card and I love how you were inspired by the colors in the picture! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour scheme. Great bee stamps and I love the huge corner flower.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for some bubbly shortly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that corner stamp as it's so versatile. You've used it beautifully with the addition of the stencilling and the bee. Great colour scheme as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. As with Sarn, love the softness of the colour palette Lesley, it's beautifully done.

    I'm thinking my memory is much like yours, I do recall you having a win (somewhere - that's as good as it gets) but not those stamps, so guess I'm not that much help!

    But so pleased you shared this pretty card with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.