Saturday 7 September 2024

Pine Trees In Colour

I’ve liked some cards I’ve seen using black as the base, here’s the results.

Firstly I die cut the trees leaving the pieces intact, giving the solid pieces texture.

I added gold stars and die cut greeting .


Second was an experiment with some old luminart shimmerypaints,
on a quest to use some old products gathering dust.
I also used some old vibrant embossing powders.


This turned out better in the picture than in reality 😂
It warped a bit as I added too much water to try and even out the brushwork,
which wasn’t very successful, but on I ploughed.


This card below inspired the ones today and yesterday, that used the In Colour cardstock.
It has no watermark so if it’s yours, please let me know so I can give you credit.
It’s so pretty, but I couldn’t do it justice, as they say, must try harder!


Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

2 comments:

  1. More super colourful trees and leaving the 'waste' in does give them a lovely texture - good thinking. Just LOVE your midnight scene with Santa flying across the beautiful sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your two cards Lesley - and can see why you were inspired by the colourful tree card at the end of your post.

    The scenic one is very dramatic. I'm sure it'll flatten out under a heavy tome or too! Or give it a run through your die cutting machine (with unscratched plates).
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.