Friday 6 September 2024

Mini Merry pine trees and me aged 6!

 Hi there, sorry but more Christmas cards again…


I enjoyed die cutting these tiny Gummiapan pine trees from SU In Colour card.
 Coordinating the merry, and a Christmas from black card for contrast,
all sat upon a snowflake border.


Here’s a pic of my snippets



Next up a navy card, using two die cut snowflake borders, and greeting, from white card,


the mini trees cut from old SU white glimmer paper , winked the snowflakes.


And it would seem my creativity started early…..a cousin found this Kentish Times clipping of me at a craft event, when I was 6 years old! I do remember always drawing.

I was encouraged and inspired by artistic family members.

One of my cousins even holds art exhibitions of his paintings, way beyond my own expectations.



 I collected the sweet “cigarette” cards, and often tried to draw the animals and birds. 

I loved doing school projects that I could add illustrations to……happy days!

I have to take this homework over to the

Snippets Playground Challenge #488,

where there’s more fabulous prizes!

Do join the fun if you can, they’re a fabulous friendly group, often getting up to shenanigans in the treehouse, holding skipping sessions, or just playing on the swings.



Take care and see you soon

Lesley

xxx

xx

x

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

3 comments:

  1. Fabulously festive tree cards. Love them both equally.

    How fun to see that clipping of your younger self.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I’ll see you on the swings later xxx 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apologies needed when you make such lovely Christmas cards as these. Love those tiny trees. Thanks for sharing the pic of you starting young on your crafting journey 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely NO need to apologise - it's lovely to see clever ideas for Christmas cards any day! Like Val - I do love the teeny tiny trees. And the candy colours on your snippets card are a step out of the sandpit - aka as thinking outside the box - love it! Lovely photo of you as well.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.