Tuesday 26 June 2012

Screen saver!

I've been busy with my sewing machine this time!
Inspired by my lovely Sarah (https://www.facebook.com/SweetPeaDesignsBySarah)
who makes such lovely homely things......
I had some screens in my old conservatory, that I was keen to revamp on a shoestring,
 for my new garden room.....
These are the old manky mouldy inserts, that despite boil washing, were impossible to salvage....

So I had some left-over blackout material, that wasn't quite long enough.....
and some material left from years ago when I made a table cloth..... 
and here's how it turned out.....
Then I looked at what was left........
and with a bit of planning on paper, before I cut into the remaining precious bits....
this is the other finished screen!
Not perfect by any means, but for someone who's not that good at sewing...
I feel quite chuffed!
It'll shade my new room, and I can move them around too!
I didn't want curtains or blinds.....so what do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.