Thursday 12 June 2014

Stampin' Up! Swallowtail

I have a cousin who is an artist,
and he recently shared a friend's work
that inspired me....

My immediate thought was 'Gorgeous Grunge'
-well, I am Stampin' Up! obsessed!

I loved the way the detail gave way to splodges,
giving the merest hint of the actual shape.
(Believe me, the detail on this drawing is awesome!)

I then tried 'Swallowtail' to create a similar effect.....
I inked up part of the stamp,
cut out a mask of the butterfly shape,
and randomly stamped some 'splodges'
to fill in the shape.

Here's my finished card
that I kept very simple

1 comment:

  1. Wow - terrific inspiration photo and the butterfly card you made while inspired is SUPERB. I LOVE it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.