Sunday 18 June 2023

Sewing Room Snippets

 Hi, happy weekend to you.

Today I’m using some new to me dies to create a sewing room scene.


The photo makes the white card look textured, which it’s not, it’s clean and simple.


I did ground the elements with a grey blend pen, and die cut all the pieces from card scraps.
I coloured the machine with various pens while looking at a picture of a singer machine.
My ball of wool looks a bit like a snail :)


I just love the tiny scissors.
I wondered what the yellow wonky strip was, until I saw someone else’s tape measure!
(Just some small black marks added to give the illusion)
I probably haven’t got all the perspective correct……I’m not good at that!


Most dies emboss too. This helps with shading and highlighting.
I was able to make the material reams / rolls / bolts a bit more realistic.
The plaid under the machine , and the table were cut from decorative paper.
Just some of my scraps…..


I used lots of snippets, and had lots of fun with this, 
so I’m going to the Snippets Playground challenge with this homework,
and entering the NBUS Challenge too.

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and comments.

Lesley 
xxx

All Gummiapan dies with SU cardstock, paper and blend pens.


4 comments:

  1. A brilliant sewing room scene and certainly lots of snippets used up. Didn't realise that Gummiapan had such a variety of sewing related dies, not sure how I've missed spotting them 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fantastic card with all those tiny little die cut elements. You must have lots of patience! Great sewing room scene. Chuckled at the wool snail you mentioned - but you always cut off the “head” thread!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - so busy commenting on the card I forgot to say thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I’m just in the treehouse having toast if you fancy climbing the rope ladder you can join me! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card Lesley - SO many snippets and a well researched and gorgeous sewing scene. You seem to be hooked on Gummiapan right now - they truly are addictive \!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.