Saturday 28 July 2018

Brecon Beacons

Hello there, thanks for stopping by!

I thought I'd share some holiday pics for a change....
our latest adventure was a Narrowboat......

Here's Captain Alan looking very happy at the Helm...


Here's me very hot and bothered doing the locks...
We have never done this before........Alan took to it like a duck to water.... :)

I on the other hand was stressed and found it quite hard.
I was too terrified to steer the boat through the locks,
so manning them and the drawbridges was down to me.
We did meet LOTS of lovely people along the way, and I did get help from them sometimes,
and I did steer the boat in calmer waters, when there were no bends!

Totally out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I did it,
and funnily enough yes I would do it again!
Just goes to show.....it's good to challenge ourselves sometimes.

A lovely family of 10 we met....8 babies eek!


Very pretty village Crickhowell


Stunning scenery......

Lots of fun decks at houses and moorings....

 some had barbecues, sheds, patio furniture......fun weekends and hols I'm sure,...

Quaint Villages.....

and of course an on board craft room.... ;)
(well I had to take some with me didn't I ?!........SU Kits were ideal!)

with a fabulous view!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend
and I hope to see you again very soon!

Thanks for visiting
Lesley
xxx
xx
x





1 comment:

  1. WOW - your boat looks great and the Brecon Beacons are truly stunning. Funnily enough, I have a friend who lives in Crickhowell, so I've been there!

    Glad you liked your adventure enough to do it again, even if it was out of your comfort zone initially. Good job you took some craft therapy with you!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.