Sunday 31 May 2020

Friend Like You


Hello there, this was a
Happy Birthday to a lovely lady.......
I didn't have a clue where to start on this one,
but I'd had this stamp set out, Friend Like You,
and a spare die cut, which I wasn't sure what to do with.
This is how it turned out....

This is a set where not all the dies match the stamps.
They say it's to get more designs from them, but I prefer matching stuff.
So, I decided to stamp the background, using marker pens instead of ink.
That way you can colour the image before stamping,
giving a kind of watercolour effect.
The dragon flies are two tone, using 2 colours on the teeny stamps.
I then mounted the white die cut on foam pads to create a shadow.
Not sure it was successful, and the recipient makes some awesome cards,
so I was feeling the pressure but with little time to get it in the post!

Have a great day
Lesley
xxx
xx
x

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card . ... I'm sure the recipient will love it.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this card Lesley! I love the watercolour effect from using markers to ink up the stamp, the colours you chose are beautiful and the overlay gives the card a very classy look. Perfectly awesome! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.