Sunday 8 August 2021

Rainbow Seahorse

 Following on from yesterday....I just love this Seahorse from the Sea Life Dies,

(do you love seahorses?.....they fascinate me).

These are quite large dies that give an impact on their own, and this is also cut from

the Rainbow Glimmer Paper, which is graduated in the most LUSH colours,

so you can use just parts of it to coordinate with your project.


Below are my messy bits! Scribble some alcohol pens on vellum (I used up scraps),

then add some rubbing alcohol .....sparingly, in a ventilated room.

I tried droplets and dabs with a brush, it varies a lot with the amount and how you apply.

You can also let it "run".


I then die cut some shapes for my backgrounds, having mounted them on white card.


added some stamped dots for balance and interest, and cut a vellum seaweed.
(Still not sure about that.....should I have left it off?)
A quick look at today's again.......


........and in case you missed yesterdays.....


Have a great day, thanks for stopping by, always appreciate it :)

Lesley
xxx
xx
x









3 comments:

  1. Seahorses are certainly unusual creatures. Love what you've done with the vellum and alcohol inks to make backgrounds for the sparkly die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seaweed definitely works & should stay. Thanks for sharing your process. Awesome card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this Lesley because I was looking for this technique the other day and couldn't find it! Now I'll know what to do! I'm not sure about seahorses... I remember finding the skeletons of them on the beach as a child and being horrified and fascinated at the same time! You seahorse card is beautiful though and I love the vellum seaweed :) The fishy little card is a beauty too. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.