Sunday 22 August 2021

Set sail.....

Hi there

I'm using lots of snippets today.....those strips of card we keep DO come in handy!

It's a new challenge over at 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #410

where there's always fun prizes on offer from some very generous crafters.


A friend gifted me some little dies, and this is the first time I've had chance to dust them off.
As you can "sea" I cut different blue waves, a faux "rock" in grey, and the lighthouse.....


which looks simple eh?
To get the two colours I stuck some tape onto red card to keep all the little bits intact.
I placed the white one over it, then I carefully removed the backing from the tape......
and some of the teeny bits fell out!!..........should have kept the backing on!
I then fussy cut the "stripes".........I need to get out more!
Finally added some sparkle to the "lights", splodged it a bit, but hey life's to short to worry!


Follow your dreams......NOW!........because life really is too short.
Wishing you a peaceful day
Lesley
xxx
xx
x
Also entering 





 

7 comments:

  1. What a fun die set and you've made a great card. Often dies turn out to be quite a faff to use but I always think the extra effort is well worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a fun card. Die cutting it’s always a good way to use up snippets.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the waves and the details on your lighthouse. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love your lighthouse and sea snippets. Thanks for playing along at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my bits have fallen out, too! This was a very fun post, Lesley, full of good advice, served with a delightful lighthouse card design on the side! My favorite part was admitting you need to get out more after fussy-cutting all those waves! WOW, that's a lot! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (But, seriously, don't get out more. Not fully safe yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great 'By The Sea' card, Lesley! I love the funky waves. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card this is Lesley! Great how you created the waves.

    The inflatable seat is called the Elk and made by Mangar here in the UK. Here's a link to it in action - NHS ambulances always have one on board. It's not cheap but certainly saved my bacon - also it's eligible for VAT exemption with a host of ailments - including basic arthritis. Just hope it's more of an insurance than a need!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.