Sunday 15 March 2020

Jingle Bells

Hello
I hope you are having a good weekend, despite what is going on in the world.
Sun is shining here.....hopefully we'll get more of that and less rain.
Definite signs of spring with the primroses and daffodils out.

So what am I sharing today?
A Christmas card!
My first this year..........normally I try to get ahead, but nope
that 'ain't happening this year so far.

I was lucky to win this cute mini stamp set and die in the
Snippets Playground challenge.......and had to have a play.
I always try to make at least one project with a new set,
before it goes on the shelf.


I cut an aperture in the white card blank.
A snippet of black die cut skyline was stuck behind and trimmed.
I wanted Rudolph to "fly" so glued a strip snippet of acetate
 to hang him behind the aperture above the skyline.
Then it needed some tidying up!

To get a reverse image so I could place it on the back and sandwich the acetate,
I used the Stamparatus and silicone sheet.
There's lots of tutorial out there showing how to get a mirror image/ reflection.
I also stuck a snippet of black to the upper section inside.

I then created some "sky" with a snippet of blue glimmer paper,
 stamped jingle bells in two colours, and added some star sequins.
This is a very cute set from Clearly Besotted, which was easy to stamp and die cut.
I think some paper piecing may come next.......
Meantime I'll pop over to the Snippets Playground before it gets dark.....

Stay safe, keep well
Lesley
xxx
xx
x

8 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous card, great images and a fab design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you've made with your Playground prize. AWESOME.

    Elbow bumps,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Christmas card is just darling Leslie! I love how you took your win from the Playground and came up with this card. It is so cute and fun! Nice job! Yes, please stay healthy, everything has been shut down in my state to prevent the spreading of this nasty virus. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I commented on this card Lesley - are the gremlins at work again?!
    I remember seeing that you'd won this adorable reindeer and I'm loving this card you made with him. The skyline is perfect, the attention to detail is brilliant - love that you backed him with a mirror image and that he is flying with the power of acetate. This really IS awesome! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear the gremlins are indeed at play....thanks for visiting though xxx

      Delete
  5. This is genius Lesley! And like Vicky, I truly thought I'd commented as I was so delighted to see you using your prize. Great Christmas card - and thanks for the clear explanation, I'd like to try a similar card if that's alraught.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.