Saturday 7 March 2020

Creations By Rod in Lesley's Craft Room

Hi there
I love looking round other peoples craft spaces,
so wondered if you'd like to see mine?
I had some inserts created by Rod of

He had a really nasty accident on new years eve, 
so I'm hoping his hand is mending well now.

Under the window I wanted some drawers, but Rod's 2-drawer units (top) proved to be to tall,
as I wanted my printer and laptop on top, and the keyboard was too high for vertically challenged me.
The solution was to ask him to create some single drawers instead.
These have been placed in a row, a perfect solution.

Rod also made them deeper as well, as can be seen above, 
they hold a fair few stamp cases, or anything you wish.
All the units can be moved around, which is very handy, 
as many of us rearrange our spaces don't we?
He also makes the drawers with "legs" (not the technical name for them!)
at the back, that stop them falling out.
Although this reduces the actual drawer space, it's a very clever feature,
as you can keep the drawer open, but safe from falling.




Above (top) is one of Rods units for Punches, These are to the back of A4 cardstock units.
Some of my Ikea units are accessible from both sides, so I hope this makes sense.
Below the punches is another unit Rod made me which holds stamps and odd shaped punches.
Rod will make bespoke pieces to suit, but they are not at bespoke prices,
so if you have particular needs, don't be afraid to ask him.

To the left of the window is another unit (yet to be sorted), my airing cupboard
where you can see my apron and bag, and a couple of dvd sized units,
that houses some stamp sets ;)


Above are my desks (not normally this tidy).
It's still a work in progress, but I have much better use of the space now,
more storage keeps it tidier, and easier to find things.


Above is the other side of my desks.........
I just love my paper and card racks!!!

Do contact Rod (and no I'm not on comission!),
he's a lovely chap with a lovely wife, very easy to talk to,
and will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.
His units are beautifully made and very strong.
They have certainly enhanced my crafting space enormously.

Hope you enjoyed the tour
have a good weekend
Lesley 
xxx
xx
x   


5 comments:

  1. I've been luck enough to see your craft room in real life, and it is TRULY AMAZING. Rod's workmanship has certainly enhanced your Ikea units and made them EVEN MORE useful. Everything looks so organised.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous, looks brilliant and vey organised.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure meeting you, Lesley, and to be part of your craft room re-organisation. Seeing the "end results" like this makes it all worthwhile!

    To anyone reading this who wants to organise their craft space, I can be contacted via my website: www.creations-by-rod.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great space this is to create in, Lesley. I love how organized it is and your desk is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day I WILL have a craft room and I will get Rod to sort it out for me! Yours looks utterly amazing Lesley - you could organise guided tours around it and people would pay to be able to gasp at the storage! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.