Saturday 9 March 2024

Detailed snowflake

 I’m on a mission to use up some of my older stash, 

and at the same time use some of my new “toys” that have been waiting to come out to play.


My aim is to make more Christmas cards each month, to avoid the rush,
and I wanted to make some quick and simple ones using these two Dies.
Here I’ve used the negative of the circle die, which I’m hoping works?


The snowflake has lovely detail, so I cut some different coloured snippets of glittery paper.
The circular greeting was cut from the middle of some old cards meant for Iris folding.
I’ve kept the positive die cut for later, along with snippets from the card blanks.
The pieces with the apertures can be used for sentiments etc.


So I’m using some card stock that would otherwise probably just stay in the drawer.
Some had a separate piece with the the aperture, so I used the card blank,
and some I just cut them in half and used them as a layer.


The tree snippet above will appear at a later date :)
Here’s the small batch.
I’ve also got a rule that they’re not put away until I’ve stamped an insert,
which is a time saver when it comes to writing in them!



I’m skipping over to the Snippets Playground with this homework,
so do visit the treehouse to check out the prize bundle, and see all the inspiration.

I’m also taking this to Darnell’s NBUS as both these little dies are never before used schtuff!

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant post. Doesn’t it feel good to use up older materials with new dies. Love this batch of CAS Christmas cards. Great idea to leave them on your desk until you’ve added an insert, before putting them away (ahem - Jules take note!!!!!!!!!!🤣) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - neglected to say - thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for using up older stash, bringing it up to date with newer dies etc. Putting inserts into cards as you go is also a great idea and I do try not to let the pile get too high before I catch up with that chore. Almost forgot to say I like what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Lesley! I love them for how CASlicious they are and how elegant they are! You get another star for using your older stuff, especially your pp! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Lesley - and using the negative of the circular sentiment is genius! Never even crossed my mind to do that. Clever sausage!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought to use the dies like that - how clever. Thanks for a top tip, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.