Sunday 24 March 2024

Snippets Xmas tree

 Hey there, I’m here with my homework for the Snippets Playground challenge #476

where anything goes as long as you use up your snippets.

You may want to make a cup of tea now, or afterwards…….

It took me the equivalent of a whole day to make πŸ™„πŸ˜‚


Why? I hear you say!……
Well, I die cut  a few trees, and lots of little ornaments, tinsel,  and a few star toppers from glitter paper.
The rug was the easy bit…..I’d forgotten how difficult it is to glue onto glitter card,
plus the ornaments and tinsel are sooooo tiny :-

Here’s some of the snippets used…
I remembered to take pics this time πŸ˜ƒ


It then took me some time to find a sentiment I was happy with, except I wanted to add some glitter.
So, die cut a snippet of gold, then gutted it so that I could put the sentiment on top of the gap with some teeny foam pads,  and then would stick together better.
It worked, but really?! Talk about make it hard work πŸ˜‚

I then took more pics so you can see how glittery it is….hopefully 😊

and just in case you forgot where I started…




So after all that effort, I hope to get an A+ at the Snippets Playground,
and because it’s full of bling I’m just in time to enter the
and the Allsorts Challenge which is clean and simple and / or anything.

Phew I now need to lie down in a darkened room, before I use up all those snippets left over!

Thanks for listening 
Lesley
xxx
I really appreciate your visits and comments, have a good day 😘

P.s. the Gummiapan dies are 🀩 brilliant


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely sparkly festive card it looks wonderful thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I have done make work projects before too! This is awesome! Love all the glitter paper, and you're right....not easy to stick down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's some glittery tree but no wonder you need to lie down in a darkened room after that marathon. Bet you started to wonder why on earth you'd had that brainwave for a card🀣🀣. The finished result is well worth the effort though and I'd give you good marks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those tiny dies are perfect for Snippets ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles as we BLING in the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of your snippets and another for the seasonal box, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME. Definitely worth A+++!
    No wonder you need to go and lie down - your patience must have been sorely tested - but it was totally worth it. Top marks for remember to take photo's of your snippets too!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you for a round of hopscotch once you've recovered xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely and sparkly Lesley - and I'm so impressed you managed to capture the sparkle on camera! Thanks for sharing all your trials during the creative process. I would have had to have a Brandy Alexander after that!! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lesley. This really is a corker of a Christmas card - not wonder it took you so long to make. Glitter paper is fabulous stuff but also tricky-woo - you cracked it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow YES that is definitely a multi-cups-of-tea scenario, but it's the intricacy and attention to detail and color and contrast that makes this such a showstopper@ Well done, you! So pleased you could join our BLING-y fun at Jingle Belles!

    (PS: I love Nuvo's Deluxe adhesive for jobs like that... it's got a nice thin applicator tip, it dries clear, and it even adheres well for glitter on glitter!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the glue tip Lauren !

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.