Monday 26 February 2024

Rudolph Day Yay

 I’m so happy that Helen has taken up Rudolph’s reins, so that we can continue to be inspired to make our Christmas cards throughout the year.

The new site Rudolph Days Challenge is HERE

Maureen did a fabulous job of running this challenge for so long, for which we are all so grateful.

So here’s my card


This was meant to be a relatively quick and simple make 🙄

The technique challenge from 52 Christmas card Throwdown, which gave me this idea was….


I still had the Uniko stencil out, which I thought would give the effect without too much masking.

I’m trying to use up neglected stash and had some card blanks with a slight texture.🙄🙄

This did not help with the stamping, but I persevered, getting numerous stamp sets out to fit my sections.


Stamps now piled up on my desk from SU, Clarity, Cardio 🙄🙄🙄


I still had to mask off bits, and wipe ink off the stencil after stamping,

 to prevent it transferring.🙄🙄🙄🙄

My final challenge was getting a decent photo in this dim and dismal light! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

This was my first photo attempt, before trying numerous positions and lights.


Do visit these challenges for lots of inspiration and without the eye rolls 😂


Rudolph Days February Challenge




52 Christmas card Throwdown,



The holly and ivy Christmas challenge #156 anything goes

Addicted to stamps and more #462 Christmas 

Roll on spring!

Have a good week

Lesley

xxx
xx
x


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and leave your comments

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I wish I had that stencil! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant take on retiform. Yay for Rudolph Day continuing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly done a grand job of using this technique and the finished result is brilliant. I often mix dies and/or stamps from various sets but it is a bit of a task putting them all back 'home' when the project is completed 🙄🙄

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use the Uniko stencil for your retiform technique Lesley! Love the effect. I'm amused by the idea of all those little stamps piling up on your desk - oh the joys of clearing up! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine the time it took to make this fabulous card by stamping so many images through a stencil, but I love the end result! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is great fun and having made one similar some time agi, I know just how much work is involved, so well done! Kate P. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a great card and that stencil is perfect for cardio and the like stamps. I found by chance that Helen is now running this new to me challenge so have joined in too this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lesley,
    oh I love this wonderful card it's gorgeous and that sterncil used is fantastic.
    Love all the little stamped images in each of those sections.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card. You used the retiform technique perfectly Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! So much detail and I'm not surprised you were left with a pile of stamps!

    Thanks so much for supporting the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of the stencil for this technique. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous design, Lesley! I love all the little segments and how creative you have been in choosing just the right shapes for each lottle spot.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm back again to say thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.