Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Summer flowers flutter by

 I can’t believe we’re in August, and I’m exhausted with this heat,

my garden is exhausted, and so too I think, is all of nature.

However, there’s lots of suffering around the world, so I’m very lucky really.

  Allsorts inspired me with their summer colours challenge, to break out a new to me 

Spellbinders set, Wild Cone Flowers, with which I die cut lots of snippets in yellow, orange and green.

I’m taking artistic license with the colours 😃


I also used a new to me set from Uniko, English Country Garden Butterfly, 

which I coloured and fussy cut.

I didn’t realise the phrase was wonky, until I looked at the photo 🙄

I used SU coverplate Stitched Greenery for the Lemon Lolly background,

and made a frame with their Arched dies in Calypso Coral.


I’m not totally happy with the overall look, but I’ve got lots of die cuts left to play with,
maybe when it’s cooler, as I find it hard to concentrate in these high temperatures.

Snippets Playground #538 - snippets used for flowers, leaves and butterfly.

Allsorts challenge #855 -colours of summer

 Triple B august challenge - blooms, butterfly

MyNBUS #89 -never before used Spellbinders and Uniko sets


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

Take care and see you soon

Lesley

xxx


13 comments:

  1. So pretty and just radiates summertime, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got TWO hats on . . . one to say thanks for joining in at Allsorts, and the other to say thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with this lovely coneflower card. I agree - it’s difficult to concentrate in excess heat - apparently there’s a physiological reason for it. You’re not alone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully it's cloudy and a lot cooler here today. Love the beautiful die-cut flowers and little butterfly-nothing wrong with the sentiment either -who says it has to be perfectly straight anyway?
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful floral card, so very pretty!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Triple B Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grass is my garden has turned into hay... silver lining the moss has been killed off! It's a lovely card, well designed and never mind the wonky sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've given up the garden as a bad job this year. I've not been fit enough to give it the care it needed in the heatwave and now I feel it's too late. Thankfully, there's always next year. Your card is lovely. I like the mix of yellows in the cone flower and the butterfly is pretty. As for the wonky phrase, it just adds to its charm. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done pulling all of these company products together and making a beautiful design, Lesley! It's very summery and I love the background and how you used your license to make your cone flower two-toned! The butterfly and arch are the perfect finishing touches. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! I hope it cools off for you soon ~ the heat wave in Europe this year has dragged on long enough! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully put together. I thought that was a Uniko butterfly, I keep resisting! Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heat just goes on and on doesn't it? But your bright sunny flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful colours of summer card! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty floral card. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a glorious card Lesley - don't be so hard on yourself!Lovely work and a real delight. I was at my regular surgery appointment this morning and the waiting room is very smart - and fully glazed all around! We all sat there dripping and steaming in the heat like a load of lobsters! It's like an icebox in the Winter needless to say. The architect should be shot!

    Hugs,
    I feel better after venting, Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! Love your yellow corn flowers! Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.