Today I’m sharing a Christmas card made with another very old SU set
North Pole Wonder, Wonder and Wishes.
I’d seen the CAS Christmas challenge which sparked the idea.
The deer and sleigh are not designed to connect, but I wanted to find a way, so,
I stamped one deer, stamped and die cut another, and two sleighs.
I fiddled with alignment before positioning the first sleigh and second deer.
I then fussy cut the sleigh’s side panel and used an old gold WOS pen to colour it.
That pen was also old, and dry, (like me 😂) so I went over it with a clear pen.
I then used my Stamparatus to place the sentiment, which also grounds them.
It’s not perfect but hopefully it meets the challenge!
We’re going on a small “garden safari” today in our village, wearing hats and sun cream.
It’s for charity and will be nice to support the local hospice, and the garden owners,
who must be struggling to keep them looking good in this extreme heat wave.
Please can we have some ☔️ rain!
Challenges:
CAS Christmas challenge - Santa’s sleigh
Sparkles Christmas challenge #187 - CAS
Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments
Take care and see you soon
Lesley
xxx


A brilliant connection between the different sets. Great job on this lovely CAS festive make.
ReplyDeleteHappy garden safari-ing! xxx
Super card - you you made a great job of positioning the elements, making it all look as if it was designed like that. Enjoy your garden safari - we've had little or no rain either and more hot weather forecast - phew!!
ReplyDeleteAs Val says it looks like it was meant to be like that and the sentiment fits so perfectly underneath. A lovely CAS design.
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card, and love how you managed to design the beautiful Reindeer with the sleigh definitely looks meant to be.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
What a beautiful CAS design and so creatively put together Lesley! Love the elegant gold on Santa's sleigh and how clever to stamp the two deer, cut one out and adhere them together to pull the sleigh - the sentiment is lovely and works perfectly to ground the images! I hope you had a lovely Garden Safari and were able to keep cool! Thanks for joining us in my challenge - CAS Christmas: Santa's Sleigh! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Lesley - I am really behind with your lovely makes .. .. you have definitely been busy.
ReplyDeleteLove how you have created this lovely scene and really like how the sentiment grounds everything so perfectly.
Hope you enjoyed the garden safari.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxoxo
This is a beautiful image Lesley and love that the colours give a vintage style. Great work connecting the two images. Perfectly CAS and thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!! Hope you get some rain soon!! xx
ReplyDelete