Saturday 28 November 2020

Fireside Trimmings

 Hello again

I did promise to show you behind the blue door.....

I have been longing for a fireplace stamp set for absolutely ages,

And SU did not disappoint with  Fireside Trimmings, so I have had lots of fun making up scenes.

I do love itty bitty things, always wanted a dolls house, but that didn’t happen.

You’ve probably heard the saying about little things.....

well this does please me, I don’t mind admitting it.


I used the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (so many wonderful images, I may need another pack)
to give a wallpaper/ carpet feel, then I stamped a fireplace on one that's like tiles.
After playing around, I decided to try a Tri-Fold, cutting an A4 in half longways,
then scoring at 10cm.............the last section, being a tad smaller, makes it all fit and fold really well.
Easy peasy!


This is up for the most boring photo award :)
showing the inside..........below,........... before sentiment sheet added

a close-up.....

It was only seeing someone else's creation, that I realised what I thought was a twig/branch,
was in fact the fire basket/grate! ...............I laugh at myself a lot, (like when I put the kettle in the fridge....oh have you not done that yet?!)..........I had got out my old craft knife and carefully cut the inside of the fire out, so I could place another paper behind...........then discovered the "sentiment" rectangle,.................was in fact......to cut the back out!.........Numpty!



Still, at least the next set of cards will be easier!

Have a good weekend
Stay Safe
Keep Crafting

Lesley
xxx
xx
x




3 comments:

  1. Your post really made me smile - so glad you've discovered what each of the dies is for 😊. A lovely surprise found behind the blue door - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Val (above) your post made me smile too. Fab card. Love all the little details. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed aloud at your post Lesley - VERY relatable! Love the little fire and mantel stamp set (and was very tempted by it!) Your card is so clever with the front door opening onto such a cosy scene and then again into the greetings bit of the card - and there's enough space to write quite a newsy greeting for those that won't be seeing loved ones this Christmas. I haven't put the kettle in the fridge (yet!) but my daughter once put our electric kettle on the gas hob (although to be fair we had just swapped our hob kettle for a new electric one!) Hope you're enjoying your weekend :) Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.