Saturday 22 April 2023

Giant Happy Birthday

Hello, I bought this lawn fawn die recently, as I often need quick cards,
I love paper piecing, and this seemed a fab idea.
Lots of different pics to share….







This group shot shows how you can cut two and switch the letters.
Sometimes you need to inlay additional bits to the letters, so I kept all the pieces until I’d finished.


Above picture, bottom right might be my favourite. 
I coloured the letters and used the frame as a guide to glue them down.


Above was very messy, a fail as the die moved but I didn’t want to waste it.
I should have added some of the inside lines of the letters.
However this will probably end up in the bin.
I did like the striped paper one though.


As it’s the first time I’ve used this die, I’m entering the NBUS Challenge #49

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and comments.

Lesley 
xxx





 

5 comments:

  1. WOW - you have had lots of fun with your new HB die. Fab for quick makes. My fave is the pastel lettered one. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid die that is and you've certainly had a good play with it making these interesting variations. Patience needed to use all the pieces to their best advantage but well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just tell from your words how much you enjoyed your play with this die, Lesley, and all the results (even the 'fail') are fantastic! I'll bet you love jigsaw puzzles! I do and this type of creative session really appeals to me ... especially since it's a wonderful way to replenish your card stash and the design works for any gender and any age! Bonus! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it's safe to say you've been having a great time with your new die pal! Fabulous cards! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resisted this die, but might change my mind now I've seen how much fun you've had with it. Great makes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.