Saturday, 29 August 2026

Fiddled with the Beach Huts

 Today’s card is a beach scene using a die set I’ve had for ages from Gummiapan.

I love love love beach huts, always dreamed of owning one,

but here’s the next best thing, making some. 😃


The dies are quite small, and initially I was going to colour them.
I found that too tricky to keep neat as there’s lots of teeny details.
Out came some scraps of card, die cut a few of each hut, then snipped them up,
and glued them on….believe it or not, it was a tad easier than colouring, and you know I like to fiddle!


Then to make the beach I rummaged and found Timeless Textures from SU had a possibility….
I stamped in crumb cake, then blended some ink to colour it, not going quite to the edge.
I then made a mask to ink blend the sea.
I’d left a bit of white at the shoreline, then added white highlights of sea foam with a gel pen.


I left it blank so I can personalise it.

Taking the never before used huts to

MyNBUS #89


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I really appreciate your comments

Take care and see you soon

Lesley

xxx


6 comments:

  1. Oh what a delightful card Lesley. Great little die set and the way you created the beach is inspiring - the stamps & gel pen work so well together. Happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely beach scene, Lesley. I love the little beach huts, they remind me of our regular visits to Westward Ho! in North Devon.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very steady hand would be needed to colour tiny die cuts (don't ask how I know this). You've done a grand job with your snipping and sticking - also building up a lovely beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love beach huts, I wanted to live in one as a child! As I was the eldest of 8 kids probably would have been a tad crowded!!!
    These look fabulous, and a lovely beach scene to go with them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Lesley. I can imagine how teeny, tiny those pieces were for the beach huts. You did a great job of keeping them all together. The layering of the details makes all the difference. Gorgeous sand and sea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley
    Your card is amazing! I love it! You have created such a lovely scene.
    There is something just so fun about a row of beach huts.
    I can remember seeing them on the beach as a child a wishing we could go inside one. I think you were able to hire them for a day but Mum and Dad's holiday budget would never have gone that far .. .. I bet even staying in a B&B took a lot of saving for, bless them.
    Sorry for being a stranger. Life has been a bit hectic.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.