Monday 18 October 2021

Autumn Hare

 Hi there

I'm having a go at entering the Allsorts Challenge

where the theme is: Anything Autumn


I'm using a never-before-used stamp kindly given to me by a friend
so I'm also entering the NBUS challenge

The tree doesn't have a top.........it certainly wasn't me who chopped it off!....
....it comes with roots instead, which I found challenging.......

So, I stamped the tree and the hare......so far so good.....
stamped falling leaves  that I'd inked with different coloured marker pens.

Then I hunted for some little leaf-looking stamps.....tried a few and thought nah,
so ended up using the marker pens to make dots all over the ground.




Looked a bit messy by then, so I gently went over with wink of stella......hmmm

Then there's the "hollow" in the tree....should I?....eventually wimped out by gently winking the brown ink to fill in the white space.........I'm tempted to colour it with pencils?..............advice gratefully received.....!!

Don't look too close, it is a bit messy......I
 like the idea, not sure about my execution!

I think the hare is looking up at whatever disturbed the branches,
and there must be fairies living in the glittery fairy dusted hollow....
in my world anyway :)



I made a square card blank, and added a couple of coordinating cardstock layers.



Take care
Lesley
xxx
xx
x



6 comments:

  1. Roots can be challenge to ground but using the worker stamps to create fallen leaves worked perfectly, many thanks for joining in with our Autumn themes at Allsorts and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and I like that you've detailed your thought process as the design developed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME autumnal card mate. Thanks for sharing how you created it. Looks great as it is but if you decide to add leaf litter inside the hollow, I reckon it should be a bit darker as less light would be inside it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a wonderful Autumnal scene and your stamping and design are lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love all the white that highlight the images.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look messy to me, Lesley! I think it's brilliant how you filled in the hollow with a soft gauzy curtain to give the fairies some privacy and how you dotted the leaves on the ground. It's CASlicious and gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.