Saturday 30 October 2021

Gingerbread snowflakes

 Hi there

I've been playing with the Gingerbread and Peppermint paper, and using up some old card blanks.


I sometimes find some blanks are a bit flimsy, more like paper, so I decided to add some weight.
I cut it in half, then fiddled trimming it to size to fit a standard A6.
I made a white card base, added the kraft and paper to it.




I had a snippet left over so used this to stamp a sentiment
and fussy cut the snowflakes



Next I cut some baubles, added half a greeting using a left over banner.
The "merry" was a die-cut-gone-wrong.
I'd put some sticky paper to the back, ran it through with the die, only to find the sticky was on the wrong side...........left it in my snippets-too-good-to-throw-away pile :)


I had to carefully glue the back of the letters, pressed them in place.
It cuts the letters separately, but I wanted to keep them together for alignment.
I then removed the backing from the sticky paper from each letter and added glitter.
I've no idea if that made any sense! I should have taken a picture of the "before".


I used the other half of kraft for the insert, and decorated it and the envelope.
I'm trying to finish all inserts for the xmas cards, as it saves time when it comes to writing/sending.
They are not allowed in the "finished" box until they're complete!


Phew! That was fun :)


Take care
Lesley
xxx
xx
x













4 comments:

  1. Very ingenious work and three lovely cards as a result

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty trio of festivity here Lesley.
    They all look GREAT - and snippets used up too - brrrrrilliant!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything turned out great and I love the color combos with the kraft! I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts the sticky on the wrong side *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great cards. I always add layers to card blanks to try and stiffen them up. Usually works a treat inside and out. hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.